How to Help
Volunteers are essential to our operations at the Heart Ministry Center. We offer opportunities for individuals, families, companies, schools, and organizations to work together to provide critical meals to our neighbors in need. You can come for a one-time volunteer shift or an ongoing volunteer experience impact.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Sort and stock donations
- Operate food distribution (currently a drive-through format)
- Make food pantry bags
- Maintain the Center and grounds
- Help with special events and projects
Your time is valuable, and we appreciate you sharing your time with Heart Ministry Center to make a difference for local families in need.
To sign up for a volunteer shift, please register online, or contact Alicia Rodriguez at (402) 383-0528. Tours of Heart Ministry Center are also available.
Food distribution volunteer shifts are as follows:
- Tuesday–Friday, 10am–1pm
- Saturday, 9am–12pm
- Please note, we ask that you be here 30 minutes prior to your shift.
- If you are a large group of 10 or more volunteering please be here 30 minutes prior to the start of pantry, so we can get everyone signed in.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Heart Ministry Center is extremely grateful to our generous financial contributors who help make what we do possible. We are diligent in ensuring your gifts are spent thoughtfully and and in the best interest of the people we serve.
Please consider donating today to our programs, so we can continue to provide food, medical and dental care, community education classes, job training, and other support to people in the Omaha metro experiencing poverty.
In recent years, requests for our services have nearly tripled. We need your support now more than ever. Without the generosity of our donors, we would not be able to continue on in this vital ministry. To donate to the Heart Ministry Center, please use the PayPal link below, or mail your check to 2222 Binney St., Omaha, NE 68110.
Heart Ministry Center accepts a variety household items to distribute to those we serve. Please use this list as a guide when donating items. A receipt for tax purposes can be issued upon request. Donations are accepted only during hours of operation: M-F 8:30am-4:30pm. Contact the Center to make drop off arrangements (402) 451-2321.
We gladly accept:
- Unopened toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, bar soap, feminine hygiene products, etc.)
- Diapers and formula
- Nonperishable food items
- Gift cards to local grocery stores
Due to limited capacity, we cannot accept:
- If you have questions, please call us at (402) 451-2321.